1. Thirst and hunger can be confused. Have a glass of water before you start eating. This way you’ll make sure you’re eating because you’re hungry and not because you’re thirsty.
2. Give your body time to acknowledge that your food has actually hit your stomach. It doesn’t happen immediately. Eat slowly and savour your food rather than gulping it down and going for seconds. You won’t feel so bloated if you take your time because you won’t be tempted to overeat.
3. Want a food that has zero calories? Put green leafy vegetables at the top of your list. If you eat more of them they stop you from grabbing chocolate bars and biscuits. Plus they do fill you up! Think about your health. Overeating can damage your health.
4. Eat often but have smaller meals. Set up a disciplined routine for mealtimes. Instead of your regular 3 times a day, go for 5 and make it healthy. Self-discipline is key in helping you to eat sensibly.
5. Feelings are not an excuse to overeat. Start by sitting with your feelings and try to understand why you have them. What has happened to make you feel that way and how can you change the situations you find yourself in?
Be mindful of what you are eating throughout the day. Start a food journal. Monitor every mouthful. If you want change then you have to make a start somewhere.
It’s time to stop overeating!
#healthyeating #mindful #holistilifecoach #holisticlifestyle #overeating